Professional installations of landscaping products to overtake DIY market until 2025
CLEVELAND, August 3, 2021 / PRNewswire / – New Analysis from Freedonia Group Projects Demand for landscaping products grow by 2.6% per year until 2025 for $ 10.7 billion. The main trends supporting the growth in sales of landscaping products have seen increased intensity due to the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- greater investment in outdoor living spaces, which can provide a comfortable and safe alternative to crowded public spaces and indoor gatherings
- greater participation in gardening, stimulating the sale of landscaping products that facilitate this activity
- a renewed short-term interest in DIY projects as the pandemic has allowed more consumers to spend time and money on home improvement projects
While some of these trends are expected to continue to gain popularity, others will moderate after the pandemic. For example, professionally installed products are expected to overtake those installed by consumers through 2025 as more people resume their activities outside the home.
Entrepreneurs see post-pandemic jump in home improvement orders
The demand for landscaping products sold in professional markets is expected to grow 3.6% per year until 2025, driven by:
- a healthy economic outlook, giving consumers more discretionary dollars to invest in increasingly large landscaping projects
- resumption of the DIFM movement, which was temporarily reversed by DIY trends during the pandemic
- solid growth in landscaping and lighting sales, as these products are more likely than other landscaping products to be professionally installed
Consumer interest in creating increasingly sophisticated outdoor living spaces requiring professional expertise for installation will reinforce advances.
However, further gains will be limited by continued interest in DIY businesses in the United States and the large number of landscaping products that can be easily installed (e.g., pots, planters, bird feeders ) or are increasingly designed to promote DIY installation (e.g., water features and lighting).
You want to know more ?
Landscaping products analyzes United States Landscaping Products Market by Product, Market, End User (Professional and Consumer / DIY) and Region in United States.
- concrete landscaping products (concrete pavers, slabs and planks; lumber and wood-plastic composite; blocks; ready-mixed concrete; stone tiles, slabs and veneers; bricks; aggregates; other products of hard landscaping such as rocks and porcelain)
- outdoor structures (shelters; recreational greenhouses; gazebos and pavilions; arches, arbors, trellises and pergolas; bridges and other outdoor structures)
- decorative landscaping products (water features, lawn ornaments, statuary, other exterior decoration)
- pots, planters and raised beds (plastic, pottery, other materials)
- landscape lighting (solar, low voltage, line voltage and other lighting)
- products for birds and wildlife (food, houses, birdbaths and other products)
- other landscaping products, including heating products, synthetic turf, and fabrics and accessories
Demand is also segmented by market, including new, home improvement and repair applications:
- recreation and infrastructure (for example, parks, golf courses, playgrounds, roads)
About the Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industrial research company, providing our clients with product analyzes, market forecasts, industry trends and market share information. From individual consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide businesses with unbiased and reliable market research and analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published each year, we support over 90% of Fortune 500 industrial companies. Find off-the-shelf studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for a personalized search: +1 440.842.2400.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group